20 août 2015



"I'm not a professional musician, but I get a lot of joy out of singing the songs I know and teaching myself to play them on guitar. My goal is to finally start composing enough songs for a proper repertoire. Today I'm trying to put music to lyrics I wrote earlier. It feels empowering, like a step towards self-actualization. Even if I wouldn't record it. What I'm trying to focus on nowadays is helping the spirit in the song breathe, not suffocating it with perfectionism. I've learned it's important not to get frustrated with myself if something turns out mediocre. It's about warming up to saying: 'That's fine, there's beauty in that.'
Engaging myself in the arts has always been so rewarding, no matter what the outcome. So I've also started drawing again recently. If I have an image in mind and then try to draw it, of course sometimes it doesn't come out exactly as I'd projected. So I'm trying to accept that and to see the beauty in what actually came out of my hand rather than clinging to the idea that's in my head." (1/2)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire